Johnson County Library
Youth Information Specialist, June 2021 – May 2022
- Provide reference and readers’ advisory for all ages at a large, high circulating branch.
- Work with the Youth Services team to develop a shared vision for post-pandemic service.
- Support system-wide teams in early literacy and teen services.
Anythink Libraries, Thornton, CO
Teen Guide, January 2019 – July 2020
- Developed and implemented programming for tweens and teens (~8 programs/month).
- Managed a task force focused on improving teens’ experience at our library branch.
- Created readers’ advisory materials for use by all library staff, as well as regularly performing readers’ advisory for tweens, teens, and adults.
- Weeded and maintained our teen collections in collaboration with our collection team.
Hopelab, San Francisco, CA
Research Associate, Oct. 2017 – June 2018
Project Coordinator, Apr. 2017 – Oct. 2017
Executive Assistant, Apr. 2016 – Apr. 2017
- Developed agency-wide best practices for research participant recruitment.
- Designed training materials for multi-site efficacy study.
- Managed collaborations with researchers at UCLA, U of Penn, Northwestern.
- Oversaw modifications to and submission to IRB of multi-year study protocol.
KU Center for Research on Learning, Lawrence, KS
Research Project Coordinator, Oct. 2013 – Apr. 2016
Program Assistant, June 2012 – Oct. 2013
- Coordinated professional development initiatives for interdisciplinary teams of educators.
- Planned and executed twelve annual training sessions for 100+ participants.
- Designed instructional materials, media, and project websites.
- Provided on-site and remote technical support to professional development participants.
San Jose State University, MLIS – 2023
University of Kansas, Master’s coursework in Educational Technology – 2014-2015
Kansas State University, BA, English Literature – 2012
Kansas State University, BA, Women’s Studies – 2012
Skills & Professional Interests
Adobe Creative Suite
Project and event planning